- Supported platforms:
- Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Supported languages:
- Current version:
- Release date:
- December 22nd, 2006
- File size:
Thanks to the guys at Retrospec for hosting the file.
The Polymorf3D screen saver displays a shiny colourful 3d shape that morphs and transforms itself over the screen, with an array of rainbow colours in the background.
Configuration options are available that can be used to change the way the screen saver looks to suit your own preferences.
New in Polymorf3D v1.2:
- Support for wide-screen monitor resolutions
New in Polymorf3D v1.1:
- loads more configuration options
- Now you can apply textures to the Polymorf object. You can wrap a texture around the object itself, and you can also provide a "reflection" texture, which will reflect off the object as it rotates.
- A series of textures are built in, but you can also provide your own images from your hard drive.
Could this be the shiniest object ever seen on a PC? :-)
The Polymorf3D screen saver is available to download now.
|Screenshots (click to enlarge)|
|An endless array of spinning 3D shapes.|
|Various configuration options.|
|User-configurable skin and reflection textures.|
|Use any available resolution.|
|Polymorf3D screen saver is freeware -- you may download and use it for free.|
|Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP or Vista operating system.|
|DirectX 8.1 or later.|
|A DirectX-compatible graphics card.|
|Requires a desktop colour depth of 16-bit (65536 colours) or greater.|
Polymorf3D v1.1 (December 2005, 953 KB) Polymorf3D v1.0 (December 2002, 235 KB)
I'm always interested in hearing people's thoughts and comments on my software, any problems that were encountered, and any way in which I could make the program better. If you have any comments, please contact me and let me know.